Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Yay I Am Going to Boomtown

I took a leap of faith and volunteered at a local event.  When they said yes, I got so excited. The event is this weekend. It will be madness getting ready, but it is the kind of madness I love. If I hadn't emailed the coordinator this wouldn't have happened. Sometimes we have to take a leap of faith to get to the abundance we seek. I realized that if I didn't send that email, telling them I was out here in the universe, the answer would have been no already. Then I told myself 100 reasons they might say no. Then they said YES!  So now I'm going to my first Steampunk event ever. I'm going to Boomtown! I will be working three five hour shifts, and they haven't told me what I'd be doing yet. I put in for parking attendant and keeping their green exhibit on the green side out here in the desert, but I'm checking in at the box office, so I wonder if I'm working gate. We'll see! 

Boomtown is in Apple Valley, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment